Monday, June 27, 2011

Planting Some Roots

I am finally starting to feel like I can begin planting some roots.  See, I have moved around quite a bit during my nearly 36 years on this planet.  This seemingly rootless existence has included 9 moves just within the past 6 years that my husband, Jimmy, and I have been married. The constant shuffling about finally came to an end this past January (1/11/11 to be exact, I thought even the date was a good sign).  That was the day the we moved into our lovely new house in the Western End of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, read remote location, in a tiny town called White Pine.  This marked an end to constant moving, rentals, and never really knowing where to call home.


It was during all this moving about that I realized that throughout all the change there were a few constants: my adoration for 1) Nature, 2) Art, & of course 3) my incredibly supportive Husband.  I have been artistic in one form or another for as long as I can remember.  But, it was during my 10 season tour as a Michigan State Park Ranger that I was compelled to capture Nature's beauty around me through photography.  


So, I have easily been snapping away for 10 years or more, but I would say that I really got serious about it last year.  2010 also marked my first Art Festival, The Wild Blueberry Festival in Paradise, MI,  and my online presence with my photos.  I still consider myself to be very early on in my photographic journey, and I certainly could not have done this alone.




  As I have already mentioned, Jimmy has been my rock and greatest cheerleader. Savannah, my very smart and creative, but not-so-patient 2 1/2 year old, does show a genuine interest in all of Mommy's pictures.  I don't think there are many kids her age out there who know what a Trillium is, but she does thanks to her attentiveness during my shoots!  


This also marks my very first blog, so I hope everyone enjoys it!  Thanks for taking your time to read my story and hopefully you'll decide to follow me on the journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment