Friday, August 23, 2013

Where I've Been...

It's been quite awhile since I've done anything with this blog or really with my photography for that matter.  So, what have I been up to?  Most recently, I had another beautiful baby girl, Cassidy.  She is now 5 months old, and my first baby, Savannah, is about to start Kindergarten.  I can hardly believe it!


Savannah at almost 5 yrs. and Cassidy at 5 mos.

But, before Cassidy, there was quite a lapse with no communication here...I have been pretty private about it, and I don't plan to elaborate about it now.  But, in the last couple of years. I have finally come to realize and attempt to deal with my depression and anxiety.  Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn't help my condition much, and I am currently finding my way out of post-partum depression.  Thankfully, I have an incredibly supportive husband, great doctor, and a great determination to get back to the self that I remember before I felt paralyzed by this stuff.

I am realizing now that turning away from things that once made me happy, like photography, although it can also ramp up my anxiety too, is not the answer.  I need to keep doing the things that make me, me, and do my best not to let my depression and anxiety run my life.  I think that this blog may even be somewhat therapeutic in that respect.

So, there it is...I have broken my silence about something not many even know about me, and I shouldn't feel ashamed of.  Anyone else out there been through this and care to share?

2 comments:

  1. I have definitely been through this. We should find a time to get together and share in person. I'll message you. Also, supportive husbands are pretty much the best. Glad you have one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I'm glad you're writing about this and getting some help. When I had Oz, I had significant baby blues; thankfully, I'm back to normal now. I just want to say that I can't imagine how hard it would be if those feelings had continued. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a hard time and I wish you all the best in your quest for help and health. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete